Welcome to ETTI
You can also see the calendar of upcoming meetings, download documents, see the latest meeting minutes, keep track of policy updates, contact board members, read the archives, or send us photos of ETTI members in action.
ETTI Board Minutes 4-9-2019
ETTI Board Meeting
April 9, 2019
12:30 PM at Blue Prynt
President – Tom Mrizek
Vice President – Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer – Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 12:40 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Donovan Doyon, Adam Autsen, Randy Shuker, Johnny Mangum, Ken Fellman, Brian Tischbirek
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for January 8 and March 13, 2019 were deferred.
Financial Report – Mark Stephan presented the financial report for March and the total reserves were $321,550; dues were $9,320 and expenses were $8,584. After the monthly retainer to Goyette & Associates, the largest item was release time at $1,006 and a phone for Adam at $,1000. The report was accepted.
President’s Report –
1) President Mrizek reported that the two grievances on 71J and the use of annuitants, will be handled by Raphael Ruano, managing partner at Goyette and Associates.
2) SCERS has proposed a policy limiting the use of annuitants to 3 years and an additional 2 years with approval of the County Executive. While that is too long it also expands the annuitant restrictions to cover subcontractors who do work for the County. ETTI should view it as a victory of our lobbying on the issue.
3) Thor applied the 10-mile distance for home retention vehicles agreed to as part of the County-wide Transportation Policy even though the Policy was never adopted, and has now requested employees sign a statement acknowledging that it is 10 miles. Dee will prepare an Unfair Labor Practice Charge if they do not rescind these actions. The County proposal to move to 5 miles is set for mediation on May 8.
4) The Board will look at a team-building training in August.
5) Randy will be in charge while Tom is gone on vacation for a month.
Action Items: None
1) The termination of XXX will be handled by Raphael Ruano and will include a defense of double jeopardy.
2) A settlement is in process for the XXX 5-day suspension.
3) The XXX settlement has been approved.
4) The Regional Sanitation District reclassification request was submitted to the department head and he has referred it to County Human Resources for review.
5) Johnny asked about retention pay for Sr. Engineer Techs who were demoted in 2009-10. Mark will check on their eligibility to keep it.
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 1:40 PM
Next meeting – To be determined
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer