Welcome to ETTI
You can also see the calendar of upcoming meetings, download documents, see the latest meeting minutes, keep track of policy updates, contact board members, read the archives, or send us photos of ETTI members in action.
Events Search and Views Navigation
- There were no results found.
ETTI Board Minutes 9-24-2019
ETTI Board Meeting
September 24, 2019
12:00 PM at Spaghetti Factory
President – Tom Mrizek
Vice President – Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer – Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 12:35 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Brian Tischbirek, Ken Fellman, Donovan Doyen.
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for August 23, 2019 were deferred to the next meeting.
Financial Report – Mark Stephan presented the report for August and the finances remain stable. In August dues were $9,564 and expenses were $10,422 which included two payments to Goyette. The second largest expense was $1,227 for a replacement cell phone. Assets were $321,745. The report was accepted.
President’s Report –
1) President Mrizek reported on the arbitration in the XXX discipline and now we await the award.
2) Tom, Donovan and Mark expressed concern about the Building Official not allowing training and saying that she would provide trainers to do it. Dee suggested they document such conversations and confirm them back to her in an email.
3) There has been no feedback on the follow-up from the Dress Code Policy in the SASD.
4) The use of 71J contract in Planning will be meeting but it has not been set to date.
5) The Vehicle Policy meeting with SASD has not been set yet.
6) We requested to meet on the contract for 71J use on the Watt Avenue Widening Project.
7) Dennis Batchelder will be contacted on the status of the ERO update.
8) The 71J and Annuitant arbitration have been merged together for presentation to the arbitrator on 10/23.
9) The Board has been reaching out to new employees who have not signed up for ETTI and will follow-up with about 16 who are not members. Each representative will approach those in their area.
10) Tom reported on an OSHA letter regarding the need to provide eyestrain protection and they are looking at blue light screen protectors. Dee suggested putting this on the website so employees with computers are aware of the protection.
Action Items: None
1) The meeting on XXX has not been set and Labor Relations thinks the issue is resolved.
2) In Code Brian reported on a documented counseling he represented and the expert said that the employee’s response was not a violation. He has requested Human Resources review and correct the memo as Barry would not.
3) Brian will follow-up with an employee request in Planning regarding out-of-classification pay.
Old Business: None
1) Brian explained that XXX wants safety retirement like DHA employee in the Sherriff’s Unit receive and believes that Code would get it also if they move there. He explained that the Board has fought for safety retirement and that the Welfare Investigators are subject to PC 832 and may carry guns. There is no interest by the Board in removing the Code employees.
Meeting Adjourned – 1:40 PM
Next meeting – To be determined
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer