ETTI Board Meeting
December 9, 2015
10:00 AM at 700 H Street
President – Tom Mrizek
Vice President – Mark Stephan
Secretary Treasurer – Randy Shuker
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant – Robert Gardner
Building Inspection – John D’Antonio
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Vacant
Building Construction – Vacant
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 10:05 AM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Brian Tischbirek, Robert Gardner, Randy Shuker, Ken Fellman
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for November 17, 2015 were reviewed. Moved by Mark Stephan; seconded by Ken Fellman to approve the minutes; carried.
Financial Report – The financial report was deferred to the next meeting. It will be provided to the President by December 13th.
President’s Report –
- President Mrizek stated that we are meeting today with the County on the 71J reports which he has reviewed and only Planning seems to be high usage.
- He reported that the Building Inspector freeze has been resolved.
- Safety in the field continues to be an issue and will be discussed today. The pepper spray form in Code was revised and needs to be reviewed.
- The air quality issues continue and the report is not out but when they opened the vents black dust blew everywhere. We are requesting air quality review when additional employees are assigned to a location without expanding the space.
- There has been no action on the XXX fact-finding we attended.
- The XXX complaint is awaiting action in Human Resources.
- The PERB hearing will be 2/24/16.
- President Mrizek asked if the tax forms have been filed and Randy will check with the accountant.
- Mark Stephan reported that WordPress Express will review the website, backup the files for $150 and then migrate the new information. There has been a problem in moving the data up to now. They will clean up the malware and then host and increase security for the site for $29 per month. Mark and Robert Gardner have administrative access to change the site. President Mrizek requested that the Bylaws, MOU, minutes, and links to labor issues be included on the webpage.
- He announced he will be out for medical leave from 12/15/15 to 3/16/16 but expects to return sooner.
Elections – The process will include notice of election and invitation to run to employees on 1/26/16; until 2/11 to request an absentee ballot; the general meeting and election on 2/25/16.
Representation – None
Action Items: Moved by Ken Fellman; seconded by Brian Tischbirek to have Mark Stephan help get the statements out; carried.
- Need to get Dee Contreras’ documents for scanning and she will provide them as soon as possible.
- The funds have not been moved from AmeriFund to Prime yet but the fund is doing well so will do as we can get it done.
- Ken Fellman stated that the County is not pulling permits for County jobs, even big ones. He has a list of affected jobs and there is a push to follow-up on non-permitted jobs.
- We need to determine if the planners want a specific representative and the Board will follow-up with them on that.
Meeting Adjourned – 10:37 AM
Next meeting – The General Meeting will be held on 2/25/16 at 5:00PM.
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Randy Shuker, Secretary-Treasurer