ETTI General Membership Meeting
February 25, 2016
5:00 PM at DOT, 4100 Traffic Way
President Tom Mrizek
Vice President Mark Stephan
Secretary Treasurer Randy Shuker
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant – Robert Gardner
Building Inspection – John D’Antonio
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Vacant
Building Construction – Vacant
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order –5:18 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Randy Shuker, Ken Fellman, John D’Antonio, Brian Tischbirek, Robert Gardner. Ten members attended.
Reading of the Minutes – Deferred
President’s State of the Union Report – President Mrizek reported on the state of the Union:
1) The election of officers is tonight and the candidates were introduced. Each member attending the meeting will receive 2 River Cats tickets as a thank you. Election to the Board is open to all members and officers are provided with a laptop, cell phone or allowance and training. Meetings are moving to lunch with the release time agreement and we provide food for meetings.
2) 2015 Accomplishments include:
– finalization of the memorandum of understanding and all LOUs from negotiations
– certificate pays were improved and a level field for all with the elimination of grandparenting
– COLAs are in place so salaries are increasing some
– pay equity for the materials lab and incentives built into salary
– Senior Construction Inspector promotions
– the safety and workload committee is in place to address those issues
– the report on the separation of Building Services into General Services and CMID is now out
– we are documenting the backlog that is developing as work increases and staffing lags
– we continue to review and audit the budgets and contracting out of our work
– the retirement increases are capped at 12%
– Cesar Chavez is a holiday with no loss of other time
– The ERO is being updated due to our unfair labor practice charge at PERB
3) Our budget expenses now exceed income and we are using the reserve we created in the past; income is about $75K and expenses are $100K. Dues are very low at $10.50 per pay period. I am recommending a dues increase to $20 per pay period effective July 1 to allow replacement of the reserves.
The election results are all unanimous and the following candidates were elected: Tom Mrizek is President; Randy Shuker is Vice President; Mark Stephan is Secretary-Treasurer; Johnny Mangum is Engineering Technician Representative; Ken Fellman is Construction Inspection Representative; John D’Antonio is Building Inspection Representative; Robert Gardner is Waste Water Treatment Representative; Adam Austin is Building Construction Management Representative; and Brian Tischbirek is Code Enforcement Representative.
The Board meeting adjourned to the General Meeting at 7:55 PM.
Next meeting –March 29, 2016
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer