ETTI Board Meeting
May 3, 2016
1:30 PM at Blue Prynt
President Tom Mrizek
Vice President Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection– Robert Gardner
Building Permits & Inspection – John D’Antonio
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Austen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 1:45 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Randy Shuker, Johnny Mangum, Robert Gardner, Ken Fellman, Adam Austen, Brian Tischbirek
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for the March 29, 2016 meeting were deferred.
Financial Report – The financial report was deferred.
President’s Report – 1) Topics for the CMID meeting on May 4 were reviewed. Ken Fellman will provide lead for the meeting and the topics were sent to the County earlier.
2) The adopted County IT Policy was received as finalized. Since it is clear they can keep and use emails in their system it is recommended that Board members use personal email when handling Union business.
3) The Transportation Policy is under review and after meeting we remain concerned about overnight retention vehicles though there is no move to change the assignments now. We will meet again on changes after they discuss it with all recognized employee organizations.
4) The ETTI Unfair at PERB is still on hold and Robert Bonner, Labor Relations Manager, will finalize language Dee worked out with him and take it to all of the Unions.
5) Utilization of contractors for Unit work was reviewed in Building Inspection and will be addressed with CMID tomorrow. The issue of use at the Sanitation District is still a concern and while the Charter provision on 71J does not apply, ETTI can approach the Governing Board of the District and begin to lobby there.
6) The dues increase will be effective with the July salary increase and the Board will notify Judy Burr of the increase amount and date.
7) In order to address wages in the future the Board will begin gathering salary data including prevailing wage information and local agencies including Stockton, Roseville, Citrus Heights, Folsom, Elk Grove and the State of California, as well as the 10 largest counties, which are Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange, Riverside, San Bernadino, Santa Clara, Alameda, Sacramento, Contra Costa and Fresno.
8) The website needs work and Mark needs help with it.
9) President Mrizek met with Rafael Ruano of Goyette & Associates to discuss billing and the fees paid and will be are looking at a flat rate monthly instead of a per member fee. The fees covers Dee’s cost including human resources issues, personnel actions, negotiations and regular meetings. It does not cover going to Court.
10) Building Inspections is doing well and has the best morale in years since the reorganization and appointment of a new Director.
11) Tom sent congratulations to Nav Gill on becoming the ongoing County Executive. And he met with Dave Devine on the street and they are ready to move ahead on health issues.
12) There was discussion of donating to candidates in the Board of Supervisors races and Roberta MacGlashan is being challenged this year. No action was taken to make contributions. Tom saw Supervisor Serna at the County Administrative Center and the ETTI message is getting out there.
13) The air quality issue at 827 – 7th was deferred.
Action Items: None
Representation: No report
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 3:10 PM
Next meeting – The next meeting will be at 1:30 PM on 6/1/16 at Blue Prynt.
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer