ETTI Board Meeting
August 2, 2016
1:30 PM at Blue Prynt
President Tom Mrizek
Vice President Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection–
Building Permits & Inspection –Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 1:35 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Randy Shuker, Mark Stephan, Johnny Mangum, Adam Autsen, Brian Tischbirek, Ken Fellman
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for the June 1, 2016 meeting were reviewed. Moved by Ken Fellman; seconded by Randy Shuker to approve the minutes of June 1, 2016 as presented; carried.
Financial Report – Secretary-Treasurer Stephan presented the June 2016 financial report in writing. There was $279,922 in all accounts with income of $7,812 and expenses of $14,769. The dues increase was effective in July. Moved by Johnny Mangum; seconded by Ken Fellman to approve the financial statement for June 2016; carried.
President’s Report – 1) The new rate for Building Inspector with all costs included in now $115 per hour.
2) The meeting with Code Enforcement management went well but ongoing follow up is needed on items that are at issue.
3) Ken asked about the CTO accrual issue and Dee confirmed that the FLSA cap is 480 hours and if they are accruing over that it is illegal. Thor Lude indicated that it is not in the payroll system and we need to file a grievance and Ken will take the lead on that. Ken asked that the County pay half of overtime and CTO half and Thor will check on that. Dee will discuss it with Goyette if there is no resolution as litigation may be needed to correct the issue.
4) An employee who was laid off just shy of 5 years and recalled from layoff just as the list expired and came back as a temporary employee and has not been given credit for prior service for vacation and other accruals. He was told to grieve it and that will be done.
5) The Live Safe training is being offered and members have not signed up. ETTI will promote it to members as it is a valuable class.
6) Some Unions met on the Health Care Labor-Management Committee process and the bids received and will continue to meet. ETTI volunteered to attend the ongoing committee meetings on health care.
7) The County is doing policy updates on Military Leave, Pre-Employment Physicals, Telework and Travel. ETTI will meet on all of them even though we have done so in the last 3 years on many of them.
8) An employee in Agricultural Inspection is resisting becoming a member and/or paying dues. The MOU was explained to her and she was referred to the County on her religious objections. If she does not comply with the MOU ETTI will request that she be terminated.
9) The SCERS issue with denial of incentive pay to retirement was discussed and Raf at Goyette indicated that litigation is likely. Dee will check on that status with other Unions who are involved.
10) Concern regarding the use of contract workers continues and Thor is using a lot of it at the Airport. There is some difficulty with that as it is an independent Agency. Dee recommended consideration of it as a political issue and take action with their Board.
11) There is a discipline issue regarding falsification of data and the employee is currently off work and may retire.
12) The Board will be collecting salary data in preparation for negotiations and to address difficulty in hiring. Dee will send out a matrix to fill in.
13) No change in status of the ULP. Dee will follow up on action with other Union.
Action Items: Mark reported that he received a bid to update and service the website. There are two options: #1 to update the site for $1000; and #2 to then provide ongoing maintenance for $149 per month. Mark and Tom would be site administrators and the vendor will add and update information and fully maintain the site. Adam asked about back-up and Mark explained that there is currently a back-up service provided by the host we use, WP Express, which also provides security service. Moved by Randy Shuker; seconded by Johnny Mangum to approve Option 2; carried.
Representation: No report
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 3:20 PM
Next meeting – The next meeting TBD.
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer