ETTI Board Meeting
August 31, 2016
1:30 PM at Blue Prynt
President Tom Mrizek
Vice President Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection–
Building Permits & Inspection –Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 1:45 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Johnny Mangum, Adam Autsen, Donovan Doyen
Introduction – Building Permits and Inspection Representative Donovan Doyon was elected in an email ballot by the Board to fill the position vacated by John D’Antonio.
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for the August 2, 2016 meeting were reviewed by Mark Stephan. Moved by Adam Autsen; seconded by Donovan Doyen to approve the minutes of August 2, 2016 as amended; carried.
Financial Report – Mark presented the August 2016 financial report in writing. There was $282,548 in all accounts with income of $9,996 and expenses of $7,330. Moved by Adam Autsen; seconded by Johnny Mangum to approve the financial statement as presented; carried. Mark also presented the second quarter accounting report. Moved by Johnny Mangum; seconded by Adam Autsen to approve the accountant’s report as presented
President’s Report – 1) Code Enforcement provided ETTI with their Manual and will forward it to Brian Tischbirek. They are hiring staff to fill the new positions and working cooperatively to move forward and work with ETTI.
2) Dee raised the CTO cap issue at the Travel Policy meeting with the Finance Director and Payroll Manager and they will look into it. We also discussed out concerns regarding the review of actual work done by contractors and will be reviewing all third party agreements and billings.
3) The Live Safe training still needs our support and since the training is good we continue to urge members to attend.
4) The Health Labor Management Committee met a second time and the County has resolved the issues outstanding for this year’s open enrollment. In response to the County proposal to limit participation in the ongoing LMC most of the Unions came and objected to the limit. The County agreed to allow all to attend and they will meet the third Wednesday of the month from 3:00 to 4:30PM at the Regional Sanitation headquarters building.
5) The notices to meet on various policies are still outstanding but not yet set as the County staff is focused on the 9/9 budget adoption meeting.
6) The XXX religious objection case is with the County now for termination as her objection to the Union is that she is angry with ETTI. The County has not weighed in on the validity of the claim but it clearly does not meet the requirements of the MOU. We are waiting for the County to take action to terminate her.
7) There was no new information on the possible litigation against SCERS on the certificate pays.
8) The Board members will be working on comparable pay for the classes ETTI represents and Dee provided the jurisdictions to survey. Johnny will manage the data and information as they get it.
9) There is no action on the ERO changes to settle the ULP at PERB so far. Dee will follow up with that as well as the possibility of filing a grievance on the CTO cap.
10) A grievance is being filed by XXX for not receiving credit for prior service for vacation accrual, sick leave reinstatement and other benefits when recalled from layoff.
Action Items: None
Representation: No report
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 3:05 PM
Next meeting – The next meeting TBD.
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer