ETTI Board Meeting
October 3, 2016
1:30 PM at Blue Prynt
President Tom Mrizek
Vice President Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 2:00 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Johnny Mangum, Adam Autsen, Donovan Doyen, Randy Shuker, Brian Tischbirek
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for the August 21, 2016 meeting were reviewed by Mark Stephan. Moved by Donovan Doyon; seconded by Johnny Mangum to approve the minutes of August 31, 2016 as presented; carried.
Financial Report – Mark presented the September financial report in writing. There was $290,735 in all accounts with income of $9,891 and expenses of $9,616. There is $178,191 in checking with the closing of Primerica account. Moved by Mark Stephan; seconded by Randy Shuker to move $125,000 to the existing America Funds for investment; carried. Tomorrow recommended that the Board again invest a regular monthly amount to increase reserves that have depleted over the last few years. The Board agreed to review the issue in January.
President’s Report – 1) The County accepted the religious objector statement from XXX even though it does not conform to the MOU language. After discussion it was agreed that a grievance will be filed over the County acceptance and seek to clean up the process and if needed the MOU language to address the issue.
2) CTO accruals in Construction were again reviewed and the County is out of compliance with the FLSA. A grievance will be filed to conform to the law and contract and pay or cash-out hours over 480 for these employees.
3) The Life Safe training continues and ETTI is in support of all field employees taking the class.
4) The Health LMC met but we were unable to attend. Dee will check on getting a copy of the minutes.
5) There was a request for support by another Union to expand the definition of when parental leave can be taken for an adoption. It has been approved for one Union and there is a case in another unit now. It was agreed to support them and request it for ETTI also.
6) The County has proposed changes to the Telework Policy, Military Leave Policy and Pre-Employment Physicals Policy. No meetings have been set on these.
7) They also modified the Travel Policy and we met on that one and had no further issues. There has been no further information on it.
8) Dee reported that the proposed SCERS litigation on certificate pay being excluded from final compensation is on hold due to a recent Court case from Marin County which is also a 1937 Act Retirement System. The Court allowed the Retirement Board to make the decision on what is reasonable to include. It is being appealed and Goyette and Associates will likely do an amicus brief.
9) The County has responded formally to the XXX vacation accrual issue and we will grieve it to include his service prior to layoff and reinstatement in his service time for vacation.
10) The Board is gathering compensation data and will forward it to Johnny to compile.
11) The Holiday Board meeting is scheduled for December 10th at Il Fornaio from 4:00 to 7:00pm and rooms are available in the Embassy Suites.
12) Dee reported that Director Bonner is working on meeting with all of the Unions to change the Employee Relations Ordinance as we recommended and they agreed. Once resolved the Unfair Labor Practice Charge will be dismissed.
Action Items: None
Representation: No report
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 3:05 PM
Next meeting – The next meeting will be on November 22, 2016.
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer