Download PDF of 12-10-16 Board Minutes
ETTI Board Meeting
December 10, 2016
4:30 PM at Il Fornaio
President – Tom Mrizek
Vice President – Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer – Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 4:50 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Donovan Doyon, Ken Fellman, Randy Shuker, Brian Tischbirek, Johnny Mangum
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for the November 15, 2016 meeting were emailed and reviewed by Board members. Moved by Ken Fellman; seconded by Johnny Mangum to approve the minutes of November 15, 2016 as presented; carried.
Financial Report – Mark stated that the third quarter report is done and that ETTI went back into the market on 10/29 and is doing very well since then.
President’s Report – 1) The State of the Union went out to members and the review of this year was very positive.
2) The website has been updated and looks good.
3) The religious objection grievance was heard by Dennis Batchelder and he is looking into the standard for a statement and a form to insure that it is properly done. He also will check on using the United Way campaign by payroll deduction as that is the best approach.
4) We met on the CTO cap and FLSA violation and have no response to date. In the meantime the County has proposed to move the cap on Building Inspector II Range B to 480 hours. The County is moving these to the Board of Supervisors this month. Dee will notify them that we do not agree to the BI II without further discussion of how it meets the FLSA requirements.
5) We met with DPS on policies on military leave and pre-employment physicals and will meet on telecommuting when they reschedule.
6) We met on 71J issues at the airport and the Unfair Labor Practice due to contracting without doing the required analysis. Moved by Donovan Doyon; seconded by Johnny Mangum to agree to a resolution and withdraw the ULP with PERB in no hurry after 1/1/17; carried.
7) The grievance of XXX was granted and he will get the medical improvement effective next pay period with no retroactivity but the accruals are all retroactive. It was agreed to accept the resolution.
8) The next Health LMC meeting is 12/16.
9) The SCERS issue of certificate pay is in abeyance.
10) Compensation data was deferred.
11) The next General meeting is set for 2/23/17.
11) The pending ULP on the County ERO is in abeyance and Dee will check on the status of negotiations with other REOs on the proposed change.
Action Items: None
Representation: There is a pending XXX representation case which will be reviewed at the next Board meeting.
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 5:30 PM
Next meeting – The next meeting will be on January 16, 2017 at 11:30 at Blue Prynt.
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer