ETTI Board Meeting
November 15, 2016
1:30 PM at Blue Prynt
President – Tom Mrizek
Vice President – Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer – Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 12:15 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Adam Autsen, Donovan Doyen, Ken Fellman, Randy Shuker
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for the October 3, 2016 meeting were reviewed by Mark Stephan. Moved by Donovan Doyon; seconded by Adam Autsen to approve the minutes of October 3, 2016 as presented; carried.
Financial Report – Mark presented the September financial report in writing. There is $300,370 in all accounts with income of $10,049 and expenses of $5,414. There is $56,650 in checking. Moved by Ken Fellman; seconded by Adam Autsen to accept the report; carried.
President’s Report – 1) The Step 3 meeting on the religious objection language has been set for 11/30.
2) The CTO grievance Step 2 is tomorrow. Some employees are over 600 hours which is in violation of the FLSA maximum.
3) The use of contract workers for Materials Testing Lab work for the Airport has raised a 71J issue and we will be pursuing it this week. After discussion of the fact that this occurred without notice to ETTI and possibly using a Sanitation District contract, it was moved by Adam Autsen; seconded by Mark Stephan to file an Unfair Labor Practice Charge with PERB; carried. Ken expressed concern that the same thing may be happening at Mather Field.
4) We met with the County on the Leave Policy and were OK with the change but did raise concerns about timecard entry and some interference at that level. We will meet with the County on 11/29 regarding 3 amended personnel policies including Military Leave, Telework and Pre-Employment Physicals. We met on some of these last year.
5) There was a meeting today regarding the use of contractors in Community Development and asking about the reason for use and why it cannot be done by hiring employees.
6) The grievance of XXX regarding reinstatement of leaves and medical insurance level after reinstatement from layoff was heard at Step 2. If denied it was moved by Ken Fellman; seconded by Adam Autsen to move it to arbitration; carried.
7) Tom appointed Adam Autsen to attend the County Health Labor Management Committee monthly meetings.
8) The SCERS issue of certificate pay is in abeyance pending the outcome of the appeal of the Marin County Retirement Board case.
9) The Board members are gathering the compensation data as requested.
10) The Holiday Meeting will be at Il Fornaio at 4:00 PM on 12/10.
11) There has been no information from Robert Bonner regarding amending the Employer Relations Ordinance to resolve the ULP on that issue.
12) Board members who attended the CALPELRA conference reported very positively on the content and amount learned there.
Action Items: None
Representation: No report
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 1:30 PM
Next meeting – The next meeting will be on December 10, 2016.
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer