ETTI Board Meeting, January 17th, 2017

Download the PDF of minutes for January 17th, 2017
ETTI Board Meeting

January 17, 2017

11:30 AM at Blue Prynt

Executive Board
President Tom Mrizek
Vice President Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim

 

Chapter Representatives
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Insp – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek

 

AGENDA TOPICS

 

Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 11:40 AM by President Mrizek.

 

Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Donovan Doyon, Ken Fellman, Adam Autsen

 

Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for the December 10, 2016 meeting were emailed and reviewed by Board members. Moved by Donovan Doyon; seconded by Ken Fellman to approve the minutes of December 10, 2016 as corrected; carried.

 

Financial Report – Mark reported that the dues for November were $10,249; the expenses were $14,803; and the total balance is $293,054. The dues for December were $10,049; the expenses were $7,230; and the total balance is $294,796. Moved by Adan Autsen; seconded by Donovan Doyon to approve the financial reports for November and December as presented; carried

 

President’s Report

1) There is no response on the religious objection grievance to date but he stated that he is working on it.

2) The meeting with Thor Lude on the CTO cap went well and he is working to get the cash-out cap in place. ETTI agreed to the 480 cap for Construction Inspectors but is concerned about the Building Inspectors in CMID having a different cap from in Inspections and that it must meet the FLSA standards for the definition of seasonal. We will meet again on this piece.

3) The Airport contract we are objecting to was on short notice but not done legally and so the ULP was filed. Thor is working to resolve it and creating a legal 71J contract for future services.

4) The XXX grievance was resolved and he got all of his seniority, retroactive accruals and enrollment in the Tier A health contribution going forward. He is very happy with the result.

5) The Health Committee continues to meet and is reviewing data with each provider. Ken asked if they could provide a Medicare plan for employees over 65 and Dee will check on that.

6) Johnny and Donovan are working on gathering the compensation survey data and will update the Board as they proceed.

7) The General Meeting will take place on 2/23/17 and the room is booked and food will be ordered. Moved by Ken Fellman; seconded by Mark Stephan to provide $1000 in gift cards in a drawing to those who attend the meeting; carried.

8) The ULP regarding the County ERO is growing stale and if not resolved by the County moving ahead with the REOs on the proposed changes we will return to PERB for the next step.

9) The accountant has the information and is working on the taxes. It will be available by the General Meeting.
10) A concern has arisen regarding a supervisory appointment of a candidate who does not meet the MQs from his County work. Mark asked Personnel how he met it from outside and they declined to provide any information. Dee will follow up with Adrian to see if we can get an answer.

11) The 12% cap on retirement contributions is an important chip in the next bargaining round that comes up next year.

12) While ETTI did not support the new Board of Supervisors member Sue Frost, now is the time to approach her and initiate a working relationship.

Action Items:

1) The County proposed a resolution to the 71J violation for a withdrawal of the ULP. Moved by Ken Fellman; seconded by Adam Autsen to accept the County proposed solution with the additional caveats identified by Ken in writing to Thor; carried.

 

Representation: None

 

Correspondence: None

 

Old Business: None

 

New Business: None

 

Meeting Adjourned – 1:05 PM

 

Next meeting – The next meeting will be on February 23, 2017 at 5:00 at the DOT Shop.

 

Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras

 

Approved:

______________________________________
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer

Posted in Meeting Minutes on