ETTI Board Meeting May 10, 2017

Download PDF of Board Meeting Minutes for May 10th, 2017
ETTI Board Meeting

May 10, 2017

11:30 AM at Blue Prynt

 

Executive Board
President Tom Mrizek
Vice President Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim

 

Chapter Representatives
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Insp – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek

 

AGENDA TOPICS

 

Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 11:4 AM by President Mrizek.

 

Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Donovan Doyon, Ken Fellman, Adam Autsen, Brian Tischbirek, Johnny Mangum, Randy Shuker

 

Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for the March 22, 2017 meeting was deferred to the next meeting.

 

Financial Report – Mark reported that there is $305,000 available with $52,000 in checking and $250,000 in investments. Tom suggested putting money into the investments again and keep $30,000 in checking. Moved by Ken Fellman; seconded by Randy Shuker to move the amount over $30,000 to the money market fund. This was amended to move $10,000 to the investment account and the balance to the money market fund; carried. Electronics deposit of dues has begun. April receipts were $10,291 and expenses were $6379. Moved by Adam Autsen; seconded by Randy Shuker to approve the financial repot as presented; carried. Mark has added meeting dates to the website.

 

Code Enforcement Meeting – Tom reported on the Board attendance at the Board of Supervisors on the Marijuana Ordinance. The concern is the danger in the enforcement process. Employees spoke eloquently of the issue but it was adopted. Member Kennedy supports some areas of approval to generate revenues for the enforcement costs but the Sheriff is opposed to any growth and prevailed. It was approved on 4/1 and held for two weeks to address issues. ETTI remains concerned about the safety issues and will meet with the department on our concerns. Mark indicated that they are looking at the vests worn to have them look less like police officers when they approach people.

President’s Report

1) The BID meeting went well on the number of inspections and it was agreed that quality is more important than quantity. Dee asked if the numbers are going down and Donovan replied they are not as they divide the number of inspections by available staff but he has advised staff to do a quality job as far as they get and notify the supervisor to let customers know they will be rolling over. They have not yet put the standard in writing so ETTI will send a memo to the Department Head confirming our understanding of their position.

2) Lori Moss approved Permit Simplicity when she was Director and it has now been rejected by the Building Official.

3) The DOT meeting went well and they received the money from the State to meet staffing needs and avert layoffs. Ken reported that Assistant Engineers are doing inspections but do not know the work and it is not done properly. They need to hire Construction Inspectors to get it done properly.

4) The latest actuarial report from Segal shows that SCERS needs 1.8% more from employees. The increase is proposed over 3 years at .6% per year and will hit 10.9% by 2019. Our cap is 12% under the current agreement.

5) The religious objection grievance is at Labor Relations and we are looking for their take on language changes needed for the Memorandum of Understanding to finalize it.

6) The Health LMC met and the focus is on wellness and how to fund and improve employee health with such a program. The May meeting is cancelled and the June meeting moved to 6/8 as a budget briefing meeting.

7) Donovan and Johnny continue to work on the salary data and handed out some classifications for review. We will have it finalized for negotiations.

8) Dee explained that Labor Relations Director Bonner is moving on the ERO language to resolve the Unfair Labor Practice Charge.

9) The policy changes continue and we have a meeting on the Early Return to Work next week.

10) Negotiations planning has begun and data from the members will be gathered along with the work done by the Board.

11) Mark indicated that CALPELRA is opening up and the Board needs to decide who wants to go for training.

12) Tom suggested planning a rafting trip for the Board as part of the planning process. Mark will check it out.

13) The restructure meeting went well but there is still the outstanding issue of the prior LOU guaranteeing employee rights and seniority and the need to define those with the new reorganization.

 

Action Items: None.

 

Representation: Dee reported that she has an accommodation case set for XXX; the XXX out-of-classification grievance and a tuition reimbursement question.

2) XXX is having an issue with a coworker who is paid more and not doing the job. Tom and he met with the manager and asserted that the recession is over and employees need to be promoted back underpayment to reflect the work done and he agreed but the BO did not and won’t promote in the absence of a list. Tom stated it could be done provisionally until the list is created. We await the outcome.

 

Correspondence: None

 

Old Business: None

 

New Business: None

 

Meeting Adjourned – 1:30 PM

 

Next meeting – The next meeting will be in June.

 

Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras

Approved:

______________________________________
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer

Posted in Meeting Minutes on