ETTI Board Meeting
June 27, 2017
11:30 AM at Blue Prynt
President Tom Mrizek
Vice President Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Bldg Projects & Materials Lab Insp – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 11:40 AM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Donovan Doyon, Ken Fellman, Adam Autsen, Brian Tischbirek, Johnny Mangum, Randy Shuker
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for the March 22, 2017 and May 10, 2017 meetings were reviewed. Moved by Randy Shuker; seconded by Adam Autsen to approve the minutes as presented; carried
Financial Report – Mark’s written report for May indicated that there is $298,911 available with $28,918 in checking and $269,733 in investments. April receipts were $10,207 and expenses were $6759. Moved by Randy Shuker; seconded by Johnny Mangum to approve the financial repot as presented; carried.
President’s Report –
1) SCERS has proposed legislation to remove itself from the County and function as a separate entity. The Board of Supervisors has filed its opposition with the State, and SCAPA, which has prepared a letter in support of the Board position, is asking other Unions to sign off on it also. Moved by Ken Fellman; seconded by Randy Shuker to support the SCAPA letter; carried.
2) Military Leave policy was amended to include changes from ETTI and will proceed to the Board of Supervisors for adoption.
3) Contracting out is almost entirely gone from Planning and CSG is down to 1 instructor.
4) The impact of the Cadillac tax on medical remains uncertain. The County did have some information on health at the budget meeting on 6/8.
5) The budget meeting reviewed the County plan for 2017-18 and a $4 billion budget. It approves 4 Building Inspector I’s for the first time in years for residential and counter work and increases for safety. The additional 4 Code Enforcement Officers were not included but the request will be resubmitted before final adoption of the budget. Tom asked about using Economic Development funds for other services as they are a very expensive marketing tool. Under the County Executive reorganization plan Economic Development will move to the County Executive’s Office.
6) A Code Enforcement LMC meeting has been requested with a list of topics sent to the department and Labor Relations.
7) An employee represented by UPE has claimed to be doing ETTI work. Dee contacted the Local 1 representative and has not heard back from them yet.
8) Donovan and Johnny continue to work on the compensation comparisons and update the information as they go.
9) The Code ULP remains in abeyance as Bonner does not have agreement with all of the Unions.
10) The Board is looking at a training and team building event over the summer. Randy will follow-up on this.
11) The Board is looking at Errors and Omissions insurance for the Board.
Action Items: None.
1) Dee reported that the XXXXXXX out-of-classification grievance is still in the departmental resolution process.
2) The XXXXXXX discipline has been appealed to arbitration.
3) XXXXXXX is off on medical leave due to the inability to accommodate limitations. XXXXXXX is looking to SCERS and SSA when SDI runs out.
4) The ETTI business cards could have Weingarten rights on the reverse to remind employees of their representation rights.
5) A Building Inspector who went to Construction Inspector is still receiving BI certificate pay; it was recognized that the employee needs to report the overpayment but could be required to repay the money.
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 12:50 PM
Next meeting – The next meeting will be in August 22, 2017.
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer