ETTI Board Meeting Minutes 8-22-2017

Download PDF of Board Meeting Minutes for August 22nd, 2017

ETTI Board Meeting

August 22, 2017

11:30 AM at Blue Prynt

 

Executive Board
President Tom Mrizek
Vice President Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim

 

Chapter Representatives
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Bldg Projects & Materials Lab Insp – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek

 

AGENDA TOPICS

 

Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 11:56 AM by President Mrizek.

 

Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Ken Fellman, Adam Autsen, Brian Tischbirek, Johnny Mangum, Randy Shuker

 

Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for the June 27, 2017 meeting were reviewed and amended. Moved by Mark Stephan; seconded by Johnny Mangum to approve the minutes as amended; carried.

 

Financial Report – Mark reported for June and July and indicated that there is $310,744 available with $40,745 in checking, $261 in savings and $269,738 in investments. June receipts were $10,540 and expenses were $5,552. July receipts were $10,651 and expenses were $8,791. The second quarter report has also been received. Moved by Adam Autsen; seconded by Brian Tischbirek approve the financial repot as presented; carried.

 

President’s Report

1) The Health LMC meeting met and final rates are available. There is a proposal to add a plan which pays all out of pocket expenses if the employee moves off the County plan and onto their spouse’s plan. The cap on life insurance without medical review is $50,000 this year. There will be special meetings for employees in WHA who are enrolled in UC Davis for services as they are leaving WHA on January 1, 2018.

2) Tom’s ongoing concern about 71J contracts was increased by finding that the contractors are now subcontracting work out. Tom is committed to pushing back on these contracts as an alternative to proper staffing. Dee will check to see if subcontracting is permitted under the contracts.

3) A question arose about the COLA as some employees saw a decrease in pay. It is not clear what the new retirement rates are and Dee will check on that.

4) The County is proposing a Standards of Conduct Policy ad we will be meting on that. Dee pointed out that the policy as proposed is poorly drafted.

5) There was an LMC meeting with Code Enforcement and Barry is working on the issues we have identified. He is not willing to back away from bullet proof vests as sees them as a safety issue. The Board of Supervisors approved two additional positions for the marijuana enforcement program.

6) We met with Labor Relations and Regional Sanitation about two policies for badges and staff rotation. We did not have issues with the policies in general.

7) The concern from an employee that he is doing ETTI bargaining unit work has been reviewed and will not be pursued.

8) ULP update and the County is working with their labor attorney to clean up other language as well and will then present it to all of the Unions.

9) The Board is looking at team building training and it was moved by Mark Stephan; seconded by Randy Shuker to develop and pay for such an event; carried.

10) CalPELRA is providing one-day training sessions in negotiations and it was moved by Jonny Mangum; seconded by Brian Tischbirek to approve the attendance of Board members; carried.

 

Action Items: None.

 

Representation:

1) We received a list of arbitrators for the XXXXXX appeal. We are also talking to them about a settlement.

2) An employee was docked time or being late due to a flat tire. The reason given was a pattern of tardiness preceding the event and so they refused to allow use of vacation.

3) XXXXXXX is on the XXXXXXX list and heard that they are terminating the list as they don’t like the candidates. He is concerned about the motives but is working to make a transfer and see if that is better.

4) XXXXXXX has filed a grievance on performance as he is doing work to cover other employees. Randy and Dee will represent him.

5) XXXXXXX was in a fact-finding regarding a complaint from an employee that he was rude. We await the outcome.

6) Given the problems of contacting and representing temporary, less than year-round employees, we are looking at continued representation of the Agricultural Inspectors.

 

Correspondence: None

 

Old Business: None

 

New Business: None

 

Meeting Adjourned – 1:30 PM

 

Next meeting – The next meeting will be in September 12, 2017.

 

Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras

 

Approved:

______________________________________
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer

 

 

Posted in Meeting Minutes on