ETTI Board Meeting
September 27, 2017
11:30 AM at Blue Prynt
President – Tom Mrizek
Vice President – Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer – Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Insp – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 12:05 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Ken Fellman, Adam Autsen, Brian Tischbirek, Donovan Doyon, Randy Shuker, Johnny Mangum
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for the August 22, 2017 meeting were deferred to the next meeting.
Financial Report – Mark reported for August and indicated that there is $320,159 available with $34,157 in checking, $261 in savings, $19,513 in the money market account and $266,229 in investments. Receipts were $10,681 and expenses were $16,941. Moved by Johnny Mangum; seconded by Randy Shuker to approve the financial report as presented; carried.
President’s Report –
1) Tom reported on the meeting with the Sanitation District on a voluntary rotation policy which ETTI agreed to.
2) The Board of Supervisors approved the budget for the 2017-2018 fiscal year with some staffing increases.
3) Tom indicated that the issues from the latest reorganization are resolved and an LOU for the affected employees signed.
4) The Sanitation District policy on badges was agreed to after meeting on that issue also.
5) Tom indicated that the County standards of conduct policy was also done but Dee was unsure if completed.
6) The settlement of the XXX discipline from a 3-day to a 2-day suspension was accepted and will be prepared by the County.
7) The issue of docking time from an employee for sick leave and personal leave due to car issues was also closed.
8) The grievance on religious objections is close to settlement. The County agreed to provide the form letter on request but after discussion it was agreed to have the County refer the employee to ETTI who will explain the requirements and provide the form to the employee.
9) Tom is requesting the Board track information on applicants who decline the County job offer and why which will help move the County to maintain continuous lists for our vacant classes.
10) The County is now informing Tom of all hires and their orientation dates so that he can do a presentation on ETTI. Mark presented a form and process used by another Union for automatic enrollment of employees at orientation.
11) ETTI is requesting a meeting with Vanessa regarding the issues at the Sanitation District including the out-of-classification pay grievance we have there.
12) XXX is on the Supervisor list but not hired and feels it is age discrimination as he was asked when he is retiring. He turned 66 today and has filed an age discrimination complaint.
13) XXX has filed a grievance on counter coverage and work distribution and may also file it as a discrimination complaint.
14) There has been no further response on the fact finding held on XXX’s interaction with a counter staff person who was not assisting his client.
15) The ETTI Board will begin meeting every two weeks to do negotiations preparation for the contract expiring in June of 2018.
16) Mark Stephan and Randy Shuker will attend the PELRAC labor relations conference in October.
Action Items: None.
1) Ken indicated that Robert Smith is retiring in March and there is another one in process.
2) Brian indicated that the quarterly safety meetings are not very useful or interesting to the employees.
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 12:30 PM to a negotiations preparation session.
Next meeting – The next meeting will be in November 7, 2017.
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer