ETTI Board Meeting
November 7, 2017
11:30 AM at Blue Prynt
President – Tom Mrizek
Vice President – Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer – Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 12:20 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Donovan Doyon, Randy Shuker, Johnny Mangum
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for the August 22 and September 27, 2017 meetings were read by the Secretary-Treasurer Mark Stephan. Moved by Randy Shuker; seconded by Mark Stephan to approve the 8/22 and 9/27/2017 minutes as read; carried.
Financial Report – Mark reported for September and indicated that there is $326,000 available. Receipts were $10,600 and expenses were $10,500. Moved by Johnny Mangum; seconded by Randy Shuker to approve the financial report as presented; carried.
President’s Report –
1) President Mrizek requested to meet and confer on the 71J contract and the increased cost of SCERS according to the latest report. He is working to set up the meeting as soon as possible.
2) Tom reviewed the SCERS actuarial evaluation and walked the Board through it as a road map for the County in negotiations. Their costs are increasing due to a reduction in the expected rate of return as well as the deficit impacts though the plan remains 80+% funded.
3) The Board members are tracking job refusals especially based on pay and benefits.
4) The Sanitation District also is being reviewed on the 71J contract issues.
5) The Code Unfair Labor Practice based on the ERO language is in abeyance and Labor Relations is moving on the language. We will remain on hold until the negotiations on the change breaks down.
6) Negotiations preparation continues.
7) Mark will send the Board information on Labor Relations training in Sonoma in March.
Action Items: None.
1) XXX is again facing the need for accommodation as his limitations are permanent. Since he has been working without issue we will be meeting with Human Resources on the process to permanently accommodate under the ADA.
2) XXX received a 3-day suspension and did not contact ETTI on the Skelly process. Dee contacted Human Resources after the appeal deadline and he did not respond so it was implemented as proposed. He indicated to them that he is retiring.
3) There has been no response on the XXX out-of-classification pay grievance and Dee will follow up with Labor Relations.
4) Safety got the latest air quality report on the 827-7th building and it is not an issue.
5) An employee was released on probation and it was noted for information and not a response.
6) XXX is seeking a transfer to get out from under what he sees as discrimination but no position has come up yet.
7) XXX grievance is moving and things have settled down some.
Old Business: None
New Business: Moved by Johnny Mangum; seconded by Randy Shuker to donate $1500 to the Sacramento Children’s Receiving Home and $1500 to the Victor Wolfe Fund for a Deputy Sherriff who was shot on duty; carried.
Meeting Adjourned – 1:30 PM
Next meeting – The next meeting will be in November 28, 2017 for negotiations preparation and December 1, 2017 for the Holiday Board Meeting and Dinner.
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer