ETTI Board Meeting
January 2, 2018
12:00 PM at Blue Prynt
President – Tom Mrizek
Vice President – Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer – Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 12:20 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Donovan Doyon, Randy Shuker, Johnny Mangum, Ken Fellman, Adam Autsen
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for the November 7 and December 1, 2017 meetings were read by Mark Stephan. Moved by Ken Fellman; seconded by Johnny Mangum to approve the 11/7/17 minutes as read; carried. Moved by Ken Fellman; seconded by Adam Autsen to approve the 12/1/17 minutes as read; carried.
Financial Report – Mark Stephan presented the financial report for November and the total reserves are $340,000; dues were $10,334 and expenses were $11,806. Moved by Randy Shuker; seconded by Donovan Doyen to accept the November report; carried. The December amounts were $321,425 total assets; dues were $10,000 and expenses were $25,000. Moved by Randy Shuker; seconded by Johnny Mangum to accept the December report; carried. Mark stated that he thinks the release time reimbursement is higher than it should be and will check that with payroll.
President’s Report –
1) President Mrizek expressed concern that there was a change to PEPRA affecting the unfunded liability and who must pay it. There was much discussion of the impact on retirement of the use of 71J contractors which reduces those paying into the system and the impact of the unfunded liability on a smaller number of employees.
2) The SCERS Actuarial Valuation is out and the plan is down to 80% funded and rates for employees and the County are increasing over the next five years. Tom has asked question of Eric Stern, the Executive Director of SCERS, and will meet with him to get more information.
3) Tom asked if the Board members are keeping track of job refusals so that we can use that in negotiations to address the issues of salary comparables.
4) the Unfair Labor Practice at PERB has not changed as we are waiting for the County to complete the amendments to the language of the Employee Relations Ordinance.
5) The General Meeting and Election will be held on 2/22 at 5:00 PM at the DOT offices. Mark will calendar the meeting and send notices to members to come and vote.
6) Donovan and Johnny continue to work on the wage surveys and will have the final data soon. The numbers are low in many areas and will create an argument for equity adjustments.
Action Items: None.
1) XXX reached out to the Union on his medical accommodation but no meeting has been scheduled yet.
2) XXX was suspended and did not notify the Union. Dee contacted Human Resources to appeal it but the deadline was passed. They believe he plans to retire soon.
3) The out of classification pay grievance of XXX has not been replied to and Dee will check with Labor Relations on its status.
4) The Supervisor list and passing over of XXX continues to be an issue though they have the power to appoint whomever they wish on the list.
5) XXX has withdrawn his grievance over assignments at the counter as it was resolved.
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 2:05 PM
Next meeting – The next meeting will be the General Meeting on February 22, 2018.
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer