ETTI Board Meeting
December 1, 2017
4:00 PM at Il Fornaio
President – Tom Mrizek
Vice President – Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer – Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 6:50 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Donovan Doyon, Randy Shuker, Johnny Mangum, Ken Fellman, Adam Autsen, Brian Tischbirek
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for the November 7, 2017 meeting were deferred to the next meeting.
Financial Report – The financial report was deferred to the next meeting.
President’s Report –
1) President Mrizek stated that it has been a good year with many issues addressed, members represented and a high level of trust in the Unit. The Board is working well together and actively engaged with the issues confronting the Unit. We have also earned the respect of management as we are prepared and regularly meet with them on their and our concerns.
2) Planning for the General Meeting in February has begun and we will likely be in negotiations when it arrives. Our member numbers have recovered from a prior high of 267 reduced to 170 and now we are approaching 300 members. We are pushing for swift hires behind promotions and retirements. We are now getting refusals to hiring offers due to salary and benefits in the County. We will be looking at those in negotiations soon.
3) 71J will be a very important issue this year. Ken added that the best thing to do is take care of the County but that does no happen with 71J contractors as they do not know the County system and we wind up training them for our jobs and we need to end that.
4) The County asked to begin negotiations in January and we agreed. I am not pushing for a fast contract but the best one we can get.
5) Discussions on the process to leverage the County and resolve our issues has begun. Negotiations will be here soon.
Action Items: None
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 5:10 PM
Next meeting – The next meeting will be in January 2, 2018.
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer