ETTI Board Meeting
November 6, 2018
12:00 PM at Blue Prynt
President – Tom Mrizek
Vice President – Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer – Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 12:10 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Donovan Doyon, Adam Autsen, Randy Shuker, Brian Tischbirek
Reading of the Minutes – Mark Stephan read the minutes for September 25, 2018. Moved by Randy Shuker; seconded by Donovan Doyen to approve the minutes for September 25, 2018 as read; carried.
Financial Report – Mark Stephan presented the financial report for September and the total reserves were $317,146; dues were $9,866 and expenses were $7,830. After the monthly retainer to Goyette & Associates, the largest item was for release time at $2,699, the headstone for Jerry Fellman at $1,485 and The-Mobile equipment at $1,241. The report was accepted. The October report placed the reserves at $317,699; dues were $9,743 and expenses were $5,839. After the retainer the largest amount was $2,616 for release time. The report was accepted.
President’s Report –
1) President Mrizek reported that the two grievances regarding moving employees between jobs instead of contract workers and using annuitants in violation of the intent of PEPRA will be moving to arbitration. The County has denied them and continues to use these methods to avoid hiring employees.
2) The Board asked Dee to look at filing an Unfair Labor Practice with PERB on the matter.
3) The Board will meet with Eric Stern, Executive Director of SCERS, on 11/27 to discuss ETTI’s concerns.
4) Labor Relations withdrew proposed changes to process in BPI as there has been no meet and confer on the changes.
5) Dates were selected to meet with Labor Relations regarding the Engineering Technician reopener. Randy will send documents for review by the Board prior to the meetings on 12/11 and 12/18.
6) The review of the draft Memorandum of Understanding has been completed and will be put up on the County website.
7) The annual holiday meeting is being scheduled and the Board will be notified of the date.
8) It is time to seriously look at succession planning as Tom will be retiring in January 2020 at the latest. He is working to ensure that Board members are prepared to take his place.
Action Items: None
1) Dee reported that the XXX termination was settled with a voluntary resignation and is signed.
2) The XXX issue regarding Workers Compensation was resolved and the surgery was covered by them but since the injury is over 5 years old there is no temporary disability so he was referred to SDI.
3) XXX is planning to retire due to his injuries and the inability to accommodate his medical restrictions.
4) The grievance regarding non-payment of cash-back to XXX is moving forward. His insurance status has been the same for over a decade but they did not enroll him in insurance or pay the cash-back for him.
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 1:10 PM
Next meeting – To be determined
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer