ETTI Board Meeting
May 28, 2019
12:30 PM at Blue Prynt
President – Tom Mrizek
Vice President – Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer – Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 12:35 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Donovan Doyon, Adam Autsen, Randy Shuker, Johnny Mangum
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for January 8 and March 13, 2019 were presented. Moved by Randy Shuker; seconded by Donovan Doyon to approve the minutes as presented; carried.
Financial Report – Mark Stephan presented the first quarter financial report and there is $324,000 with $295,ooo in stocks and $30,000 in checking. There was a dues loss of $550 a month in the first quarter and they are at $9500 per month now. Moved by Randy Shuker; seconded by Adam Autsen to approve the report as presented; carried. The report for April was presented and the dues were $9,300 and expenses were $7,200. After the monthly retainer to Goyette & Associates, the largest item was mobile phone at $538. The report was accepted.
President’s Report –
1) President Mrizek reported that the two grievances on 71J and the use of annuitants, are scheduled for hearing on 9/18/19 and 10/23/19 and will be handled by Raphael Ruano, managing partner at Goyette and Associates.
2) The Employer Relations Ordinance (ERO) meeting was cancelled and will be rescheduled.
3) The County requested to meet on the dress code at the San District. A date will be set for the meeting.
4) Tom requested a meeting with Labor Relations on BPI and has not received a response. He has also requested the 71J data and a meeting on July 30 as agreed to discuss it.
5) The Mediation with the County on the Vehicle Policy and home retention distance resulted in a mediator “supposal” to retain the 20 miles until completed here and reduce it to 5 miles effective July 1, 2019. The County will return the forms employees signed and notify employees and provide vehicles to current employees within 20 miles. Moved by Adan Autsen; seconded by Randy Shuker to accept the Mediator’s proposal; carried.
6) SCERS adopted the rules on limits to the duration of retiree work effective in May.
7) The CPI for the COLA is 2.4% and the retirement cost for employees went down slightly so it will be a full increase.
8) Tom met with Supervisor Don Nottoli and expressed his concerns regarding Nancy and the way she is managing.
9) The annual budget meeting is tomorrow and Tom, Randy and Mark will attend. The early message is that the County is out of money.
Action Items: None
1) A settlement is in process for the XXX 5-day suspension.
2) The XXX arbitration is set for hearing on 8/29/19.
3) There was a question regarding a hostile environment for XXX and Mark will check on her current status.
4) XXX has a modified duty request and Dee reported that an ergonomic review of the work station and vehicle were completed. She will check with XXX on progress toward the recommendations.
5) XXX retired prior to any adverse action.
6) XXX is in an accommodation process and reached out to ETTI however has an attorney who is handling the cases.
7) The reclass request for San District Engineering Technicians to Data Management Technicians has been referred to Human Resources by the Director.
8) XXX received a documented counseling in the new assignment and there is concern it was unjustified. XXX has been checking on the actions taken but the employee had requested assistance from the covering supervisor and did as directed.
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 1:30 PM
Next meeting – To be determined
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer