ETTI Board Minutes 6-25-2019

Download the June 2019 Meeting Minutes as a PDF

ETTI Board Meeting
June 25, 2019
12:30 PM at Blue Prynt

Executive Board
President – Tom Mrizek
Vice President – Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer – Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim

Chapter Representatives
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek

AGENDA TOPICS

Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 12:40 PM by President Mrizek.

Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Donovan Doyon, Adam Autsen, Randy Shuker, Johnny Mangum, Ken Fellman, Brian Tischbirek

Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for April 9, 2019 were deferred.

Financial Report – Mark Stephan presented the report for May and the gas charges for Union activity are running $600 a month. Mark suggested that the vehicle allowance be increased by $50 to $100 and that covers all Union travel. Moved by Johnny Mangum; seconded by Donovan Doyon to change from a credit card to the flat rate effective July 1; carried. The use of release time is also high and Mark requested that they all identify County time first and then Union time. It was $3200 in May and $2600 in June. The report was accepted. There was a discussion of engaging members more directly with better access than non-members to the website and information to them ahead of non-members.

President’s Report –

1) President Mrizek had Randy report on the Budget Meeting and the County has a $22M shortfall in the General Fund. Other funds are okay. The County lost some major litigation and are predicting greater economic issues next year.

2) The latter part of the meeting covered the insurance update for 2020 and the plans all increase by 2 – 3% except Kaiser which is 7%.

3) Tom expressed concern that he was told when he hits Medicare age he loses his County contribution and his wife is removed from the plan also. Research is needed on this.

4) The meeting on the Sanitation District dress code was held on 6/12 and they will work on it some more and refer it back to ETTI.

5) The BPI minutes were sent to Adrian and no response. Tom raised the issues with Supervisor Nottoli who agreed no response is an issue and Adrian then responded but no action yet. The end of July meeting is being set up. Tom also shared his concern about Nancy with Nottoli.

6) The meeting on the use of 71J in Planning was today and while we do not agree they are moving ahead and we will not object to the item at the Board of Supervisors.

7) ETTI is not interested in representing the Animal Control Manager classification.

8) Tom has requested 71J information through 6/30/19 for all of our classifications.

9) The Sanitation District Engineering Technicians also raised a concern on contracting out of CAD entry work which they will be training them to do. The work is needed but as it will be a long period of 2 years or so they are worried. Tom asked Johnny and Randy to follow-up on this.

10) The Sanitation District Vehicle Policy will meet and confer is on 7/10.

11) Weed abatement arises in Code Enforcement again. In 2011 it was agreed that Code would handle vacant lots and Fire was responsible for occupied lots. Code is now being told to handle those also. Tom will set a meeting with Barry on this.

12) The grievance hearings are on 9/18 at 10:00 on the 5th floor for the 71J case; 10/23 at 10:00 on the 5th floor for the annuitants case; and 8/29 at 9:00 on the first floor for the XXX discipline.

Action Items: None

Representation:

1) Brian raised a concern on the document counseling of XXX and feels it may be retaliation for the accommodation requirement. Tom will request a meeting on this.

2) The Data Management Technician reclass is still in Human Resources. Dee will check on the status of it.

3) The ERO modification meeting is set and Randy and Dee will be the leads on this.

4) There has been no response from the County on the settlement of the Vehicle Policy change to 5 miles. Dee will give them a final date to respond or we will file the Unfair Labor Practice Charge.

Correspondence: None

Old Business: None

New Business: None

Meeting Adjourned – 2:20 PM

Next meeting – To be determined

Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras

Approved:

______________________________________
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer

Posted in Meeting Minutes, Members on

Leave a Reply

Your email address will be kept private. Required fields marked *.