ETTI Board Meeting
July 23, 2019
12:00 PM at Claim Jumpers
President – Tom Mrizek
Vice President – Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer – Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 12:20 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Mark Stephan, Randy Shuker, Brian Tischbirek
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for April 9 and May 28, 2019 were reviewed and the date of an arbitration was corrected. Moved by Randy Shuker; seconded by Mark Stephan to approve the minutes as corrected; carried.
Financial Report – Mark Stephan presented the report for May and June and the finances remain stable. In May dues were $9,279 and expenses were $15,113 which included 2 months to Goyette. The second largest expense was $5,584 for release time. Assets were $317,816. In June dues were $9,387 and expenses were $5,250 which did not include Goyette as that was covered in the prior month. The largest expense was $2,533 for release time. Assets were $321,956. The reports were accepted.
President’s Report –
1) President Mrizek reported that there will be LMC meetings within CMID and BID on 7/25. Code and DOT are being set separately. Tom provided the minutes of the last LMC meeting with Nancy and they are not abiding by the commitments she made.
2) Randy, Mark and Dee met on the SASD Dress Code and made suggestions. They will resubmit the next draft once completed.
3) Board members met with SASD regarding use of contract employees in Planning but as they are not subject to 71J it is not an issue.
4) Randy, Mark and Dee met with SASD on their Vehicle Policy and provided language changes. They will reschedule a follow-up meeting.
5) The Engineering Techs in SASD are concerned that contract employees are being used on a large project to move files into the CAD system to meet OSHA requirements and they get stuck with the clean-up from poor work. ETTI will meet on this and seek to get them to hire limited term employees to do the work.
6) Tom received a list of contract employees in the Planning Department from Labor Relations.
7) Randy and Dee met with Director Bonner on the changes to the Employer Relations Ordinance (ERO) and provided lots of language suggestions for clarification. The change we requested to withdraw the Unfair Labor Charge was included in the overall cleanup.
8) Tom announced that he will be retiring in March of 2020 and has asked Randy to look at taking over the role he has played for the Union.
9) ETTI filed an Unfair Labor Charge against the County for its unauthorized implementation of an agreement on the County-wide Transportation Policy, and for dealing with employees directly by getting signed agreements on retention vehicles. Both are illegal actions. PERB has not yet responded to the Charge.
10) Nancy xxx told employees at Goethe that the County is installing GPS on trucks and phones and they will be audited for callbacks. Tom explained that they need to meet with the Union if they are changing the way they will be monitored as we have an agreement on that issue. He also asked where the $5M reserve is in the new budget and got no response.
11) Tom is looking at Kings tickets for the Board and a member to help recruit those interested in serving on the Board.
Action Items: None
1) Dee reported on a phone call with XXX regarding XXX’s workspace and they believe the problem is resolved.
2) The reclassification of Engineering Techs at SASD to Data Management Techs is at Human Resources for review. Vanessa will follow-up on its status.
3) Raf Ruano of Goyette is handling the discipline of XXX and requested information on witnesses. Tom will follow-up with him.
4) The pending grievance hearings are scheduled on 9/18 at 10:00 for the 71J case and 10/23 at 10:00 on the annuitant issue.
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 1:50 PM
Next meeting – To be determined
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer