ETTI Board Meeting
January 14, 2020
11:30 AM at Spaghetti Factory
President – Tom Mrizek
Vice President – Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer – Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Visitor – Roman Rennard from City was present.
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 12:25 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Randy Shuker, Ken Fellman, Adam Autsen, Johnny Mangum, Brian Tischbirek, Donovan Doyen, Mark Stephan.
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes for November 5 and November 29, 2019 were deferred. Moved by Johnny Mangum; seconded by Donovan Doyen to accept the minutes of December 17, 2019; carried.
Financial Report – Mark Stephan presented the items purchased for the member at the General Meeting on February 27 including hats, beanies, shirts, laptop cases and gift cards.
Mark presented the report for November and the finances remain stable. In November dues were $9,360 and expenses were $15,392. The largest expense was the holiday meeting at $4,979, followed by Goyette at $3,500 and release time at $3,384. Assets were $343, 557. The report was accepted.
President’s Report –
1) Tom will request the meeting with Vanessa to discuss the status of contracting out utilization at the end of the month and also request the reports from all departments we have members in.
2) Dee reported that the POST-hearing brief on the arbitrations was submitted and ait the decision.
3) Tom reviewed the 71J contracts with TRC and Dewberry which have a 3 year total of $2.5 million.
4) Tom reported on the Principal Technician settlement for plan review.
5) Dee explained the status of the Employer Relations Ordinance amendments and while it is stuck as to the other changes ETTI will continue to pursue the change required by our Unfair Labor Practice charge.
6) Tom thanked the Board for their efforts in signing up members and asked that they continue to do so. ETTI can send a representative to new employee orientation and will continue to do so.
7) Tom requested that Mark send the minutes to the Board of Supervisors every 3 months so they see the issues and concerns we address on an ongoing basis.
Action Items: None
Representation: Tom reported that the XXX arbitration was lost. There was discussion of an appeal and Dee’s assessment was that it would not prevail on appeal. It was agreed to notify XXX of that fact.
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 1:40 PM
Next meeting – The General Membership Meeting on 2/27/2020 at 5:00 pm
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer