ETTI Board Meeting
March 10, 2020
11:30 AM at Spaghetti Factory
President – Tom Mrizek
Vice President – Randy Shuker
Secretary Treasurer – Mark Stephan
Ex Officio – Randy Shuker
Attorney – Dee Contreras for G&A
Labor Representative – Dave Swim
Waste Water Treatment Plant Inspection –
Building Permits & Inspection – Donovan Doyon
Construction Inspection – Ken Fellman
Engineering Technicians – Johnny Mangum
County Building Projects & Materials Lab Inspection – Adam Autsen
Code Enforcement – Brian Tischbirek
Visitor – Roman Rennard from City was present.
Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 12:15 PM by President Mrizek.
Board Members Present – Tom Mrizek, Randy Shuker, Adam Autsen, Johnny Mangum, Brian Tischbirek, Donovan Doyen, Mark Stephan, Roman Rennard, Erich Matthews
Reading of the Minutes – The minutes were deferred to the next meeting.
Financial Report – The financial report was deferred to the next meeting.
President’s Report –
1) Tom is reaching out to the SASD for more information on process, problems and input on their ongoing needs. He has set meetings with department heads to get input and identify ETTI concerns to them. He is seeking to bring representatives of these employees into negotiations on their issues and needs.
2) Tom reported on the meeting with Dennis Batchelder, the County Interim Labor Relations Director. He is very knowledgeable and interested in cooperation with ETTI. Dee explained the status of the Unfair Labor Practices at PERB and he was hopeful of a resolution. He asked why an LRO attends every meeting with ETTI and Dee said it feels like they do not trust the departments.
3) Brian reported that the meeting with Barry went well and he works to keep things relatively smooth.
4) Tom reported that the CMID reports were received.
5) There was a discussion regarding meeting with new employees as they do not know who the Union is and what we do for them. The Board will continue to work on attending new employee orientations.
6) The Technician plan review issue was updated and completed. There is concern of the number of contract employees used at SASD as they are not subject the 71J.
7) Randy and Dee reported on the meeting regarding the SASD Vehicle Policy. They are seeking to go to a 5 mile home retention vehicle limit and when that happens the employees will lose productivity in checking vehicle in and out daily.
8) Tom suggested a special General Meeting in July and we will look into that.
9) There is an issue regarding Engineering Technicians signing off on projects and Tom reasserted they can sign off on limited, preapproved projects.
1) After discussion it was moved by Mark Stephan; seconded by Randy Shuker to increase the ETTI technician allowance from $100 a month to $150 for Representatives and $150 a month to $200 for Board members; carried.
2) After discussion it was moved by Mark Stephan; seconded by Johnnie Mangum make Ken Fellman a life member; carried
1) Brian raised a concern for an employee who was hired temporary and then was out sick. When he returned as a permanent employee his probation began over again. Another employee who started with him was permanent and so is now senior. Dee will follow-up on this.
2) There is also a veteran in Code who has disabled feet and ankles. He has requested an accommodation and they may do so. He will keep tabs on it.
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Meeting Adjourned – 2:00 PM
Next meeting – The next meeting is to be determined
Minutes prepared by Dee Contreras
Mark Stephan, Secretary-Treasurer